5-day course @thepalincentre
This course aims to equip therapists with the knowledge and skills required to confidently assess and provide evidence-based therapy for children who stammer from preschool to secondary school age.
Who is this suitable for?
Qualified speech and language therapists.
What’s in it for participants:
- A chance to immerse yourself in stammering therapy for a week and to really build your confidence in working with children who stammer across the age-range.
- Combining the Palin PCI training with specific workshops on psychological approaches, Family Communication Skills Therapy and direct speech management provides a thorough overview of ways of working with children who stammer.
- Opportunities to learn and practice transferable therapeutic and counselling skills e.g. aspects of Solution Focused Brief Therapy, CBT video reflection and collaborative working with families.
- Real-life case discussions, video observation and opportunities to hone your clinical reasoning and decision making skills.
- A chance to reflect on how to integrate the knowledge and skills learned into your everyday practice and model of service delivery.
What others have said:
“This training has been life changing, both personally and professionally; I feel confident that the theoretical underpinnings, diagnostic and therapeutic skills covered in this training will be of paramount importance to positively affecting change in the CWS that I work with.”
“Wow! So much, it’s been fantastic. PCI, family communication strategies, direct strategies, CBT, SFBT. I feel inspired on how I can adapt my practise.”
“Great to have references to the research. The presenters responded to questions in a really helpful way throughout.”
“Incredibly warm, friendly and knowledgeable presenters.”
Please read our booking terms and conditions before booking.
Cost of course:
Credit/debit card: £625