Building confidence and resilience in children who stammer @thepalincentre via Zoom
Please note: this training is online via Zoom.
What is this course?
This one-day course will explore the potential impact of stammering on children and young people, and ways to support them (and parents) to build their confidence and resilience. Specific examples will involve clients who stammer however the ideas discussed and strategies explored are applicable to all client groups.
Who is this course for?
This course is open to Speech and Language Therapists/Pathologists, teachers and other professionals who work with people who stammer.
1. Theoretical Overview
· What is resilience?
· Resilience and stammering – are children who stammer more vulnerable?
· Importance of building our own resilience (as professionals)
· How to monitor progress in therapy
· Emotional wellbeing questionnaires
3. Therapy ideas
· Ways to build confidence in children and young people (including growth versus fixed mindset)
· Activities to build resilience in our work with children (including emotional regulation, thinking skills and stretching comfort zones)
· Ideas for parents to build confidence and resilience in their children
· Nurturing a compassionate mindset
Please read our booking terms and conditions before booking.
If you would like to pay for your course by invoice an administration fee of £20 per person will be added to the course fee. Please add this additional £20 onto your form when you select to pay by invoice e.g. cost of course: £165.
|Intro to confidence and resilience||£145|
|Intro to confidence and resilience (invoice payment)||£165||Pay by invoice|