USA and North America: Palin Parent Child Interaction Therapy (Palin PCI) @thepalincentre via Zoom (January 2023)
Please note: Online Course via Zoom and are in USA & North American Time Zones: 9-5pm EST (UTC -5).
Financial Disclosures: Elaine Kelman and Ali Berquez are salaried employees of the Michael Palin Centre. The programme being described was developed at the Michael Palin Centre.
Nonfinancial Disclosures: Elaine Kelman and Ali Berquez do not have nonfinancial relationships relevant to the content of the session.
This presentation will focus exclusively on Palin PCI and will not include information on other similar or related therapies.
This course is worth 1.55 ASHA Continued Education Units (CEU’s) and is sponsored by the Stuttering Foundation of America (SFA).
This two day online workshop provides the ideal starting point for developing your skills with children under seven who stammer. Palin PCI is an evidenced-based approach for early stammering which is widely used across the UK and internationally.
Who is this workshop suitable for?
Qualified speech and language therapists/pathologists and speech and language therapy students in their final year of training.
What’s in it for participants?
- Knowledge of an evidence-based theoretical framework for understanding stammering.
- Increased confidence in comprehensive assessment and delivering therapy with young children who stammer and their families.
- Knowledge of up to date relevant research, and opportunities to practice making this accessible to families.
- Opportunities to learn and practice transferable therapeutic and counselling skills e.g. aspects of Solution Focused Brief Therapy, video reflection and collaborative working with families.
- Real-life case discussions, video observation and opportunities to hone your clinical reasoning and decision making skills.
- A chance to reflect on how to integrate the knowledge and skills learned into your everyday practice and model of service delivery.
What’s in it for Speech and Language Therapy services/ managers?:
- Therapists confident to work with a client group often reserved for Specialist caseloads.
- Therapists using a client-centred, evidence-based and efficient and approach to delivering therapy.
- A chance for diverse teams to meet and share ideas regarding service delivery models.
- Therapists trained in the use of skills widely applicable to other client groups and clinical supervision e.g. counselling skills, using video to encourage reflection.
Palin PCI: the manual
The second edition of the manual: Palin Parent Child Interaction Therapy for Early Childhood Stammering (2020) is an essential part of the Palin PCI therapy toolkit. This can be purchased online via the usual outlets.
You can buy it here:
What others have said about this Palin PCI workshop
“Hands down the best training I have ever attended; what a beautiful fusion of research and clinical expertise.”
“I’m gained new way of looking at my caseload overall – not just the children who are stuttering – focusing on solutions and what is already working well rather than problems.”
“The content was rich with concepts and ideas and taught in a way that bridge a variety of experience levels. It offered ideas for beginners as well as expert.
“It has changed the way that I relate to clients, encourage whole family participation and focus on client strengths and their own experience. “
“I hope to adapt our pathway and service delivery to better meet clients’ needs and maximise efficiency.”
“I avoided stammering clients previously, or would drag out the assessment process until I could seek advice from a specialist colleague. I now feel more confident to carry out this approach.”
Please read our booking terms and conditions before booking.
The course and all its resources are in English. As participants will actively engage in spoken exercises, a good understanding and use of the English language is required.
You will be emailed the links to 2 webinars when you are sent your handouts and Zoom link. We ask that you watch both webinars before the training as they will be discussed at the beginning of day 1. Each webinar is about 1 hour in length.
INVOICES: UK ONLY
If you live in the UK and would like to pay for your course by invoice an administration fee of £20 per person will be added to the course fee. Please add this additional £20 onto your form when you select to pay by invoice e.g. cost of course: £290.
|Standard PCI USA/Canada Course||£270|
|Standard PCI USA/Canada Course (invoice payment)||£290||Pay by invoice|