Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
What is this course?
This one-day course will provide an introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and how it might be used with clients in speech and language therapy and education settings. Specific examples will involve clients who stutter but the approach is applicable to all of us.
Why attend this course?
- Would you like to develop your observation skills and understand your clients/pupils better?
- Would you like to build rapport quickly and easily in order to connect with others and help your clients do the same?
- Would you like to understand others better by stepping into their shoes, and help your clients/pupils do the same in order to see situations from another perspective?
- Would you like tools to use with your clients as well as tools to help yourself?
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for speech and language therapists, HCPs, teachers, and any other interested parties.
Delegates will learn and practice
- Building rapport, matching and mirroring.
- Managing your own emotional state and helping clients to manage theirs.
- Understanding ‘anchoring’ and how we can use it to help our clients
- Using ‘perceptual positions’, developing skills to step into someone else’s shoes to get a new perspective or to understand a situation or person better
- Quick language tips – play around with language that we use every day to see what impact it really has on our listener (and on ourselves) and find a more helpful way to say it
- Using metaphor and stories